Friday, February 6, 2009

the next....

I happen to take the mumbai city train after quiet awhile.
It was packed with people and I think it was more crowded than I last remember.

looking at all these people who use the train to commute everyday to work and back, you wonder if ever some soul paused to consider.....

every morning they would get up and they would be on the train, today and the tomorrow and the day after....seldom if ever pausing to re-consider that commute.
I doubt if they would consider not taking the commute...too much depended on them to decide against the commute.

...the commute, that was their world.
I doubt if ever they could leave that world behind.....

for someone new here, all these people at the station, travelling to where they have to be every morning, the way they literally hang out of the trains at peak hours desperately wanting to get to where ever they have to, all that jazz everyday is pretty scary.

what I think is scarier is

once you get to the place and wonder:
What's the point of getting here?

this appears as a reasonable question, but this scares the daylight out of me.
I mean all those years you thought you were doing something and it finally comes down to a question of: What's the point of getting here?

most people would be scared the way people commute back and forth.
what scares me is if your commute is getting you anywhere....

No comments: