Monday, March 17, 2008

Directions

If you are from the city, getting from one place to another is not an ordeal, I mean it can be tailored like a menu card. General directions are in terms of left, right, straight ahead or head back.
Which is pretty straightforward, I mean first right then second left, straight ahead and left and left again. Absolutely no problem, I mean no road signs or whatever its all charted in your head.

If you even stop to ask directions in a smaller town, asking directions will first require you to have a compass. As town folk think in terms of North, South, East and West. This becomes a tad confusing when getting from one place to another.

If ever you do stop and ask directions to a place, you get a reply like "Head east".
No left, right or whatever, just head east and the road ahead of you would be dead straight. So how do you head east. Frankly I don't know.

What I do is first I ask where is East, then I ask for directions.
Which gets me a quizzical look to begin with the expression "Where is this queer from?".

Anyway not that this helps, but then it is worth the try!

No comments: