Tuesday, June 2, 2009

mouthshut.com

My egregious cousin thinks I am shy.
Actually he is right!, I can't deny him that, however he derives the attribute on the fact that I usually speak little.
Somehow my sombre silence seems to communicate that I am a shy guy.

Well, what can I say, I don't like a lot of attention, and I find being invisible very entertaining. More often than not, I like to know how people think, and the only way I am going to know that is if I keep quiet.

Besides, I don't fancy my own voice.
You may find this unbelievable, but if you chance upon an opportunity to just hear yourself speak, I mean an actual playback of your voice, you are in for a surprise!
Trust me, that could sober you up pretty quick.

My sombre silence is on account of a private policy I have embraced.

I think in part this is from empirical experience and part from a film of Marlon Brando, who plays a mob boss in The Freshman:
His quote:
“Every word I say, by definition, is a promise.”

The best way to avoid breaking promises is not to make any, and that's as good a reason to speak less and ergo commit less.

No comments: