Tuesday, June 10, 2008

the price control

What really can be controlled in today's economy.

There is regulation and management, and how much of what is really taking place out there, no one knows, I doubt the regulators and managers know in effect how much of what they see is actually the effects of regulation or management.

Maybe the effects are just incidental.
Maybe we need to refocus from effects to stimulus, we should look at managing stimuli, but then how much of what stimulus affects to render and effect. I mean in todays world everything has a bearing on everything else.
And even nothing can actually have a bearing on something.

So where is the control?
Maybe it is an illusion?

Look at oil, look at inflation...which affects every consumer in the world today.
How much of inflation can be managed or targeted, I mean we all know oil prices affect prices of almost everything today but we are yet to come up with an alternate or effective management to keep prices in range or bearable.

I guess the only thing I have control over is what time I sleep and what time I wake up. Then again do I really?

No comments: