Wednesday, October 10, 2007

political soilicitations

A leader of the present opposition party quizzed by a reporter.

Reporter: Sir, are you quitting your party?
Politician: I have no comments.

Reporter: Sir, are you not quitting the party?
Politician: I did not say anything.

Reporter: Sir, we have reports that you are quitting the party.
Politican: As far as these reports are concerned, these reports are not true as on today.

{Implicitly, what the politician means is the reports can be true after today.}

Politician: Today, I am a member of this party.

(Implicity, he is saying, tomorrow I don't intend to continue to be a member of this party.)

I don't know how smart this politician is, but he has just sent a solicitation for an invitation to the present ruling party. I don't know if the present ruling party will oblige, but if they do they have on their hands an obvious mistake.

No comments: