Wednesday, September 12, 2007

personal effects and wanting..

As a kid when I was packed off to Boarding School, my mother had packed my vestments in a suitcase.

However, as a kid I can barely remember this. I mean I can remember I had a suitcase but at that age I could have survived on a backpack. At that age what you need is what you've got on you.

What I mean is, if you've got it on you, you need it, if not then you don't.

I used to be with a new water bottle every week. I had several chastisements and reminders but I still managed to lose a water bottle every week. Till my parents figured out that there isn't any point in giving him a water bottle if he doesn't seem to need it and thus care less about it.

As a boy, what we have got is a t-shirt, shorts and a pair of shoes and you were ready to wage war with the world. No toothbrush, no soap, no comb, no deodorant, no shaving set and all that jazz.

Today, you pack 20kgs on a flight and you are still wanting.

No comments: